These are my power rankings, I`m just trying to breathe some sense into this wild west show we seem to have going on, anyone see the rankings that Eagles fan made....
The NFL is wide open and I think any of the top 15 teams could win the Superbowl, probably one from the top 10 though.
1. Pittsburgh Steelers - They won the NFL championship and retained their star players they stay on top.
And the Ben Rothlisberger thing will blow over in no time.
2. New England Patriots - Tom Brady is back in town and no matter what people say he is going to be fine,
plus the rest of their team is better this year than last with Fred Taylor and Joey Galloway.
3. Philidelphia Eagles - They got better in the offseason only question and this is a big one is Brian Westbrook OK?
He is the silent superstar and if he is not right I don`t think they go anywhere.
4. Indianapolis Colts - Some people will disagree but I think they got much better in the offseason.
they had a great draft, I know Tony Dungy is gone but I think he is a better person than he is a football coach.
If you follow what they have done and what they intend to do you`ll feel either exitement or fear.
5. Arizona Cardinals - They ALMOST won the superbowl.
Only thing is I think they lost more than they gained In the offseason.
I love these guys I just wish I were more exited about them this year, but I just dont see them challenging.
6. San Diego Chargers - You just don`t know about these guys,
Shawn Merriman is back so I think the defense will be better.
LaDainian Tomlinson may have one more special year in him and Phillip Rivers Made Huge Strides this offseason.
7. Minnesota Vikings - Very solid foundation. Sage Rosenfels is underrated he always has been.
Adrian Peterson is unstoppable so with an average passing game I dare you to imagine.
My only question is the defensive backfield.
8. Tennesee Titans - I think they got worse in the offseason,
I like some of what they did but Haynesworth leaves a unfillable gap
Especially in a team that MUST controll the ball defensively to win. Kerry Collins isn`t getting any younger.
9. Atlanta Falcons - I dont know what to say about these guys but, Matt Ryan wow lets see it again
This time with Tony Gonzalez.
10. Green Bay Packers - Aaron Rodgers is the real deal fire anyone who had to do with the 49ers taking Alex Smith,
They get the nod over the Saints just because I think the defense is better, they have a tough divisoin.
11. New Orleans Saints - Drew Brees can will these guys to the playoffs.
But the defense needs to show us something, anything. They remind me of the Colts of yesteryear.
12. Dallas Cowboys - Well I for one think not having Terrel Owens makes these guys better,
Time for Roy Williams to show us what he is made of the Detroit excuse just won`t cut it.
If I thought more of Wade Phillips these guys would be higher.
13. Houston Texans - I really like these guys they just keep getting better, no way they take the division but,
wildcard anyone? Even if the answer is no firing Gary Kubiak would be a big mistake.
14. New York Giants - Well they have some young talent at wideout which is good but I think they lost more than they gained In the offseason. They will be back I just don`t think it is going to be this season.
15. Chicago Bears - Well Jay Cutler is really good but who is he going to throw too?
If they had a decent number 1 wideout they could be higher.
why let Berrian go why? Maybe the defense will revert to what they used to be.
16. Baltimore Ravens - Getting Derrick Mason back helps and if the defense is the same as it was then they may do better than last year even. I want to see it first though.
17. Miami Dolphins - They won`t win the division this year, and all those special offensive packages are not going to suprise anyone. I think they still need to find a long term QB before they can truly compete for the Superbowl.
18. Washington Redskins - Well they always do get some impressive FA`s and then it doesn`t translate into wins I want to see Colt Brennan compete for the starting job Jason Campbell doesn`t seem to be cutting it.
19. Carolina Panthers - I don`t know why they are not better than they are but all I know is that they are not, a great running game cannot carry a team that chronically underperforms. I think it is time for John Fox to go.
20. Seattle Seahawks - Is Matt Hasselback washed up?
I don`t think so which means with Housh in the WR position they should be back to their old selves.
Last year everything seemed wrong but lets see them rebound before anyone gets excited.
21. Jacksonville Jaguars - Maybe this will be a big bounce back year for them, then again maybe not.
Jack Del-Rio seems frustrated. Even an ageing Torry Holt helps legitamize the passing game.
22. Kansas City Chiefs - I think Matt Cassel is for real.
They are here only because they have to prove that they are for real first.
A weak division should help them with that.
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Lots of questions for these guys, first and foremost does Brian Griese start?
I say yes and I think that makes them a threat to win the division.
But like everyone else they have somethings to prove.
Coaching Changes and the loss of Monet Kiffin brings them down.
24. San Francisco 49ers - Can Mike Singletary bring reason to the Bay? I`m going to say yes.
I really think we`ll see improvment here, The defense is a bright spot.
25. New York Jets - I am not on the Mark Sanchez bandwagon,
Pete Carrol didn`t think he was ready and neither do I.
Good news is the rest of the team is pretty good.
26. Cincinnati Bengals - Is Carson Palmer healthy? They could be decent if they would just play to potential.
27. Clevland Browns - I think Eric Mangini will get these guys in shape eventually, but lots of issues here.
Whats wrong with Braylon Edwards? Will Either Derrick Anderson or Brady Quinn play well?
Have they learned how to sterilize the surgical instuments? Anthing left Jamaal Lewis?
28. Denver Broncos - Thats right they are BELOW the Browns, I don`t think Josh McDaniels was ready for this.
The defense is terrible, I don`t expect more than 5 wins all season.
29. Buffalo Bills - Why get TO why? That makes little sense I think they are headed downhill,
which is bad because they are allready below sealevel.
30. Oakland Raiders - Al Davis must be getting senile becuase nothing they have done makes any sense,
they are going to be bad for a long time.
31. St. Louis Rams - Things are bad here, real bad.
32. Detroit Lions - Well Calvin Johnson is good.